Find out more about naturopathic medicine with a complimentary consultation.
About Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic Medicine is a comprehensive system of care that combines modern understanding of health and disease with traditional, natural healing techniques. Naturopathic Doctors use a holistic, individualized approach to assessment and treatment with a focus on prevention. Treatment plans are designed to address the root cause of illness and support the body’s self-healing process rather than covering up symptoms.
Common Reasons for Seeing a Naturopathic Doctor
- My condition keeps coming back. If someone has an infection, antibiotics will eliminate the infection but not stop it from returning. Naturopathic Medicine asks why this person is susceptible to the condition in the first place.
- I have a chronic disease. While medication may relieve your symptoms, it’s often required for life and the benefits reverse if it’s not taken. Lifestyle and diet changes can create lasting resolution to chronic problems.
- I know I can be healthier. Even if you do not have symptoms or they are controlled with medication, you may not feel that your health is optimal.
- My MD doesn’t know what’s wrong with me. You’ve exhausted all of the “conventional” treatment options and been told that it’s “all in your head”. No diagnosis is required to support the healing abilities of the body and Naturopathic treatments can yield great results with hard-to-diagnose conditions.
- I don’t want to be part of the statistics. Even if you are healthy now, are you doing everything you can to preserve your health? It’s well documented that rates of cancer and heart disease can be dramatically lowered by diet and lifestyle optimization.
- My medical care hasn’t been working for me. North Americans are taking record amounts of medication yet many people are still suffering. Maybe it’s time to try a different approach.
Treatments Used By Naturopathic Doctors
Clinical Nutrition –dietary modifications and supplements
Lifestyle Counseling –optimization of stress, sleep, exercise and mood
Botanical Medicine –herbs in the form of a tea, capsule or liquid
Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
Homeopathy –small doses of different remedies to stimulate the body’s healing ability
Physical Medicine and Hydrotherapy
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy – 8-week program using meditation and mindfulness to dramatically change the way we relate to stress, depression and anxiety.
Massage & Infant Message: Infant massage is an ancient practice revived that harnesses the power of touch to heal and bond.
Cranial Sacral Therapy: CST gently works with the whole body including the spine and the skull, and its cranial sutures, diaphragms, and fascia. By using the hands as fine discriminating tools, Craniosacral therapists are able to detect disturbances in the cranial sacral rhythm to help them identify areas of dysfunction, such as cranial, sutural, membrane and other soft tissue restrictions in the body.
Bioelimination Therapy: a simple, natural new approach that enables one’s body to recognize sensitivities or intolerances, assisting in recovery from associated allergy-like symptoms, without the use of needles or drugs.
Emotional Freedom Technique: a form of psychological acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments for over five thousand years, but without the invasiveness of needles.
Conditions Treated with Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic Medicine can provide helpful tools in the treatment of almost any condition. One of the core principles of Naturopathic Medicine is that the human body possesses an innate ability to heal and restore balance when provided with the right conditions. Optimization of factors such as nutrition and lifestyle can support the body’s natural ability to repair, detoxify and regenerate so that it can return to a state of balance.
About the Naturopaths
The Justine Blainey Wellness Centre has two licensed Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Linda. Learn more about these doctors here.
Call today to schedule your initial appointment. If you are not sure if Naturopathic Medicine is a good fit for you, you are invited to schedule a complementary 15-minute consultation to learn more about what this system of care has to offer for you and your health concerns.